Sonsray Inc. is a privately owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, New York, and New Jersey making us the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership family in North America with 11 locations and growing as well as CASE CNH Construction and Agricultural Equipment Dealerships on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 30+ combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory-authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance, and rentals that offer a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, state of the art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
As we continue to grow, Sonsray Fleet Services division is seeking Reefer Mechanics to join our Thermo King dealership in Bronx, NY.
Candidates for this position must be available to work 2nd Shift, Monday-Friday ranging from 2:00 pm-10:30 pm, and available to work OT when needed.
Essential Job and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair components on the truck, trailer, and V-series refrigeration units.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair components on gensets and APU’s.
- Maintain transport refrigeration systems on trucks, trailers, APU, V-series, Gensets, and Bus by performing diagnostics using scanners, electronic test equipment, and on-board computers.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance, component replacement, and service the refrigeration equipment.
- Able to maintain transport refrigeration units on trucks, trailers, APU’s and Gensets by reviewing shop orders, writing up estimates, and the details of the repairs needed or completed. In some cases, contact the customer directly to explain the job needed or completed.
- Repair failures; remove, replace, and test with a multimeter.
- Repair freon leaks, assemble and install parts and components involving soldering, and the use of refrigeration equipment.
- Install various Thermo King new units on trailers, trucks, V-series, and APU’ s.
- Occasionally be engaged away from the employer's place or places of business and may drive to existing customers and/or prospective client’s locations.
- Comply with all road signs and operate vehicles within their limits and weather environment.
- Follow all Auto and Equipment Safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments.
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as required and assigned by the manager.
- Highly prefer 3+ years’ experience repairing Thermo King or Carrier refrigeration units
- Must have general mechanical experience in heavy diesel equipment and electrical diagnostics to be considered.
- Tools are required.
- Must be over 21 years of age, possess and maintain a current and acceptable, valid "C" Driver's License to drive for the company.
- Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary LTD & Aflac
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday.
- Birthday Perks
- Boot Allowance Program for Technicians
- Tool Allowance Program for Apprentice Techs
- Uniforms Provided