The Service Communicator ensures the overall efficiency, profitability and reputation of our service shop’s by providing timely, accurate, and customer-approved estimates, proformas and invoices for repair work. He or she documents estimates and the necessary repair work according to established industry standards and CAT regulations. He/She will have a working knowledge of the industry, an aptitude and interest in engine/vehicle repair, strong administrative, organizational and computer skills as well as exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Provide quotes in a timely manner to requestor.
- Accurately Open work orders.
- Provide customers with repair updates in a manner to meet customer expectations.
- Participate in daily shop walks, meeting with lead(s)/supervisors/managers to ensure a communication flow.
- Maintain updated quotes throughout the repair process.
- Communicate with the credit department to ensure payment.
- Accurately review and upload service reports.
- Prepare and provide customers a proforma/invoice in a timely manner.
- Ensure proforma/invoice customer receives is accurate, correct grammar and matches quotes.
- Maintain assigned WIP in a manner to align with department Metrics.
- Create and maintain a flat rate manual.
- When available utilize standard jobs and prototypes.
- Participate in department projects as needed.
- Any other duties as directed by the Management Team.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have two (2) year’s general office experience
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent..
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Must have three (3) to five (5) years of customer service, relationship building and/or Sales experience.
- Must have three (3) to five (5) years of heavy equipment parts/service experience.
- PC skills are required.
- Must have a valid California Class C Driver’s License.
- Must have above average communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure preferred.
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven terrain.
- Handling: Picks up items, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position. If required to perform various functions of the job.
- Climbing: In and out of vehicles/equipment.
- Vision: Read work orders and parts books.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and in vehicles.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in a warehouse and outside with variations of temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.