Sonsray Inc. is a privately-owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington making us the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership and CASE CNHi Construction Equipment Dealership on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 30+ combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory-authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance, and rentals that offer a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, and state-of-the-art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
As we continue to grow, our Sonsray Fleet Services division is seeking Apprentice Mechanics to join our Thermo King dealership in Sacramento, CA.
The Apprentice Mechanic will be trained to perform work on Thermo King refrigerated units and other inferior refrigerated units. The Apprentice Mechanic will be trained by a Thermo King Certified Technician and will be able to attend Thermo King University to become certified. Our training program will further your education and career to gain the ability to complete the following: Service Maintenance, Installations, Refrigeration Repairs, Diagnostics, and Troubleshoot Electrical problems.
Essential Job and Responsibilities:
- Install various new refrigeration units on trailers, trucks, and vans.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, perform service maintenance to factory specifications, provide quality repairs on Thermo King and other inferior refrigerated units and other related components such as:
- Soldering and Brazing
- Must be able to walk, use hands, fingers, bend, carry, push, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Performs other functions or duties as directed by management in line with the objectives of the dealership
- The position requires a motivated individual and highly prefers 1-2 years of basic mechanical experience or a Heavy Diesel technology certification with Electrical Components knowledge.
- If you have automotive or HVAC experience and you are a self-starter with good diagnosing skills, then this may be a great opportunity for you.
- Demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools.
- Perform tasks from verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively with supervisor and fellow employees
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Experience the personal challenge of working for a world-class organization and leader in the Refrigeration Transport industry. We offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. We are in a stable industry and continue to grow year after year.
- Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary LTD & Aflac
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday.
- Boot Allowance Program
- Tool Allowance Program
- Uniforms Provided
- Birthday Perks
- Company Fitness Facility