Sonsray Inc. is a privately-owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, New York, and New Jersey making us the largest CASE CNHi Construction and Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 30 plus combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance, and rentals that offer a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, and state-of-the-art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
The successful General Manager will be responsible for managing the service & parts department, new machine sales department, store operations, staff, P&L, market penetration, and activities for our CASE dealership in Tucson, AZ.
Essential Job and Responsibilities:
- The General Manager will supervise and lead the parts & service manager and the sales department in a positive teamwork environment, develop business opportunities and increase market penetration with store P&L responsibilities
- The General Manager will have the task of enhancing the service & parts department customer support which is crucial for the company`s growth. They will have the responsibility to build and support a dynamic new machine sales department, increase market share, maintain business relationships and call on key accounts
- The General Manager is responsible to recruit and mentor employees that will cohesively execute the company goals and mission as entrepreneurial business leaders thru integrity, teamwork, customer responsiveness, and profitable decision making
- Ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. The Store Manager will have to ensure that all company procedures are implemented and followed. Review customer receivables and ensure store employees adhere to company accounts receivable and collections policies
- Monitors store metrics/pro-activity and implements corrective action plans to assure achievement of all store departmental goals. Maintains positive and professional conduct of business with employees and other stores and manufacturers
- Performs other functions or duties as directed by management in line with the objectives of the dealership.
- Prior experience with dealership organization providing parts & service, sales customer support, and basic technical and mechanical understanding is necessary
- Heavy diesel construction equipment or equivalent industry is necessary to be considered
- Four-year college degree in Business/Management preferred
- Computer literacy, MS Office Proficient, and familiarity with CRM systems
- Must be a leader and motivator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Must be over 21 years of age, possess and maintain a current and acceptable, valid "C" Driver's License to drive for the company
- Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary LTD & Aflac
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday
- Birthday Perks