Sonsray Inc. is a privately owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, New York, and New Jersey making us the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealerships and CASE CNH Construction and Agricultural Equipment Dealerships on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 30+ combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory-authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance, and rentals that offer a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, state of the art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
As we continue to grow, our Sonsray Fleet Services division is seeking a Yard Goat Driver for our Thermo King dealership in Vernon, CA.
SUMMARY – The Yard Goat Driver is responsible for moving trailers in and out of specific locations and performing basic shop maintenance as directed. Class C drivers' license required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Moving and organizing refrigerated trailers within our yard - 75%
- Manual labor in maintaining the yard and shop – 25%
- Occasionally be engaged away from the employer's place or places of business and may drive to existing customers and/or prospective client’s locations
- Comply with all road signs and operate vehicles within their limits and weather environment
- Follow all Auto and Equipment Safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments
- 1+ years of experience pulling 45-foot trailers
- Must be over 21 years of age, possess and maintain a current and acceptable, valid "C" Driver's License to drive for the company
- Able to backup and park tractor/trailer in tight space
- Yard maintenance experience is a plus
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with a calm demeanor and customer service focus
Physical Demands: The ability to occasionally sit and climb or balance and lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Educational Requirement: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary LTD & Aflac
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday
- Birthday Perk
- Uniforms Provided
- Facility Fitness Provided