We are currently offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus for Electric Truck Technician new hires, payable after 90-days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized NIKOLA dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring an Electric Truck Technician in Richmond, Virginia. The Electric Truck Technician is responsible for diagnosing problems, performing repairs, reconditioning and servicing electric trucks and components in a shop environment and occasionally in the field. Seeking candidates with a minimum of two years' vehicle repair systems experience, truck systems repair preferred.
Requirements for the Electric Truck Technician include:
- Basic electrical safety and electric vehicle systems experience, or willingness to learn.
- Understanding of battery technology and systems.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to occasionally operate electric trucks.
- Must be willing to work shifts as needed, including days, nights, and/or weekends to meet customer needs.
- Must be able to perform work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and excellent troubleshooting skills; ability to accurately diagnose and repair electric vehicles.
- Current driver’s license. Must be willing to travel and work hours as required by job and customer demand.
- CDL license preferred, or willingness to get CDL license.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way
Physical requirements must be for the Electric Truck Technician job including the ability to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.