We are seeking motivated Service Technicians of various skill levels with a problem-solving mentality. Service Technicians are responsible for diagnosing issues and performing standard general repairs on drive-train components, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems on company and/or customers’ heavy equipment across shop and field settings while adhering to all safety regulations and contributing to a positive work environment conducive to our Company Values. Depending on location, assignment, and expertise, this position will be responsible for some or all of the functions and duties listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in required safety program and work in a safe manner.
- Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, and locate mechanical deficiencies on Heavy Equipment. Come to logical conclusions and determine a repair solution based on education and experience. Source and order parts as needed.
- Perform repair of mobile equipment in a field environment without supervision.
- Perform welding and brazing, fabricate and modify parts, equipment, and miscellaneous structures as needed.
- Repair and/or replace all components of engine hydraulic systems, air conditioning systems, suspension systems, drive trains, electrical systems, steering, braking, material handling, and operator comfort systems.
- Thorough understanding of sense of urgency as it relates to customer satisfaction.
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays as required to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
- Must comply with all applicable DOT Requirements.
- Must be willing to travel and work remotely as required including overnight stays.
- Must be decisive and able to recognize and support the organization’s goals and priorities.
- General knowledge of complex hydraulic, electrical, and drive-train systems.
- Exhibits strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to diagnosis and repair hydraulic, electrical, drive-train and air conditioning systems.
- General welding and fabrication skills.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of equipment operation.
- Thorough understanding of electrical and hydraulic test equipment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interrupt technical information from general hydraulic and electrical schematics.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum requirement of High School diploma or GED
- Technical school graduate preferred
- Experience with Volvo construction equipment a plus.
- Experience with paving equipment a plus.
- Must possess and maintain acceptable safe driving record.
- Must be able to obtain DOT Medical Certification.
- Written communication skills required to document complaint, cause, and correction of completed repairs.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with supervisor and customer indicating cause and correction of machine repair.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the Service Technician will be required to utilize the equipment and tools required to perform repairs. To perform the essential functions of this job, you must be able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write, and hear. The incumbent must be able to continuously lift and/or move-carry up to 10 pounds; up to 20 pounds frequently; and 21 – 75 pounds occasionally. Must be able to push and/or pull up to 50 pounds continuously; up to 75 pounds frequently; and 76- 100 pounds occasionally. This position may work in a shop or field environment. Must be able to work in extreme variable outside weather conditions, both hot and cold weather temperatures. Must be able to obtain a DOT Medical Certification.