We are currently offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus for Hydraulic Pump & Motor Technician new hires, payable after 90-days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring Hydraulic Pump & Motor Technicians in Salem, Virginia at our corporate headquarters. The Hydraulic Pump & Motor Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, inspecting and repairing equipment components. Remove, repair or replace hydraulic components or piece parts on hydraulic systems, brake systems, electrical systems, air systems, transmissions and related power train systems. Seeking candidates with pump, motor, valve and hydraulic cylinder rebuild experience, military equipment experience or completion of a diesel school program.
Requirements for the Hydraulic Pump & Motor Technician position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Hydraulic Pump & Motor Technician job, including the ability to push, pull, lift and carry up to 65 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.