Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Yard Attendant in Felton, Delaware. The Yard Attendant position is responsible for loading, unloading, receiving/releasing all equipment, generators and attachments. Will maintain the organization of the yard for easy access, and direct the delivery and returns for all equipment. This position will perform basic check-in inspections and communicate any issues to supervisor. Additional responsibilities include delivering parts, inventorying and cleaning equipment. Seeking candidates with seated forklift experience. Must be able to exercise good judgment, pay attention to detail, and follow safety policies and procedures.
Requirements for the Yard Attendant position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Good mechanical aptitude; able to maintain service and safety records for cranes, sweepers, and forklifts.
- Must be organized, able to interact with coworkers and able to train new yard attendants.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks with competing demands.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Yard Attendant job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 50 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities