Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring Facilities Maintenance personnel in Richmond, Virginia. The Facilities Maintenance personnel is responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly facility, including mopping, vacuuming, disinfecting surfaces, and pulling trash. Additional responsibilities include setting up and tearing down meetings/events, moving furniture, assembling furniture, cleaning and setting up offices, and assisting Building and Grounds with minor repairs.
Requirements for the Facilities Maintenance position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required; must be able to learn and apply knowledge of parts, components and equipment.
- Capable of safely operating all material handling equipment, including pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.
- Proficient computer technology skills, including the ability to use company software to perform warehouse functions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Facilities Maintenance job, including the ability to to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities