Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring Electric Power Generation (EPG) Apprentice Technicians in Elkridge, Maryland. For individuals with a strong mechanical aptitude who have completed a diesel school program, received an electrical diploma, or have 2-years of relevant on the job experience, Carter's fully accredited 15-month apprenticeship program may be just the educational path and training you are looking for to quickly pave the way for an EPG technician career.
The Electric Power Generation (EPG) Apprentice Technician Program will train and develop you to accurately troubleshoot, inspect, maintain and repair engines and related electrical systems on generators and automatic transfer switches. Carter will continue to provide learning and development opportunities at all levels of your career.
This is a great opportunity to jump start your EPG technician career. Get the education and build your skill set, all while being paid, receiving full-time benefits, and without incurring any education expenses. This is an excellent opportunity for veterans and individuals graduating from technical school.
Requirements for the Electric Power Generation (EPG) Apprentice Technician positions include:
- Self-starter with strong work ethic & mechanical aptitude.
- Completion of diesel school program, electrical diploma, or 2 years equivalent electrical or diesel technician job experience required.
- Proficient with computers, including Microsoft Office software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Physical requirements must be met for the Electric Power Generation (EPG) Apprentice Technician job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment.
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will receive an accreditation from The Virginia Department of Labor, officially becoming a certified EPG Technician. You'll be an integral part of our customers' success and have the opportunity to work with an array of diverse equipment. Carter's Apprenticeship Program is nationally recognized by the Federal Department of Labor and is fully accredited through the Commonwealth of Virginia.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid vacation.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Life and disability insurance.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match ranging from $0.75 to $1.25 for every dollar contributed, up to 6% of your total compensation and based on years of service.
- In-house training programs to help advance your skills and opportunities within the company.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities