Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington D.C. is hiring Management Trainees across their territory. The Management Trainee works under the direction of experienced personnel in Parts, Service, Rental, and Service Home Office Operations for a six-month period gaining the knowledge and experience required to move into management positions. Trainees will learn how to identify and apply business strategies and processes while assisting department managers with day-to-day operations, participating in meetings, attending learning opportunities, and observing experienced staff members perform their job duties. Minimum two years’ experience working in management, sales, service operations, or related field required. College degree in related field or three years related work experience preferred.
Requirements for the Management Trainee position include:
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing to relocate within the territory of Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington D.C.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong time management/organizational skills.
- Excellent internal and external customer satisfaction skills.
- Strong PC and administrative skills, with the ability to adapt to changing technology.
- Strong work ethic.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced “hands-on” environment and have the ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Must be able to work hours required to meet business and customer demands.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way
Physical requirements must be met for the Management Trainee job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities