Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Project Management Trainee in Manassas, Virginia. The Project Management Trainee performs assigned duties in pre-assigned locations and departments under direction of experienced personnel, to gain knowledge and experience required for promotion to project management positions within the power systems division of the Company. Seeking candidates with project management experience. High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree in related field or three years related work experience preferred.
Requirements for the Project Management Trainee include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extraordinary interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Must be able to function well in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Willingness to work out of town up to 75% of the time during training period and travel throughout Carter’s territory.
- Must be open for the possibility of relocation within Carter’s territory.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Project Management Trainee job, including the ability to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities