We are currently offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus for Field Service Technician new hires. $1,000 is payable after 90-days of employment, and the remaining $1,000 is payable after 180 days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Technology Field Service Technician in Warrenton, Virginia. The Technology Field Service Technician is responsible for installing, diagnosing and providing support for telematics and machine control products in the field. Job may require working additional hours outside the normal work schedule for emergency calls or routine service, and away from home store overnight as required.
Requirements for the Technology Field Service Technician position include:
- Self-starter able to maintain daily routines and installation schedules.
- Candidates should possess an excellent driving record, and valid Commercial Driver’s License, or the ability to obtain a CDL.
- Strong mechanical background and troubleshooting skills required, plus knowledge of CAT schematics and wiring.
- Must have the ability to learn, diagnose, install and troubleshoot CAT/Trimble/other Machine Control Guidance systems and Telematic systems.
- Strong computer and internet skills; some exposure to and understanding of customer-facing Caterpillar software products (SIS, ET, Product Link).
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills; able to work with customers on post-sale installation, scheduling and support.
- Effectively communicates with sales reps and other Carter employees on installation and support of CAT Product Link and other systems.
- Able to travel extensively and work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Technology Field Service Technician job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities