Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a General Construction Sales Representative in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. The General Construction Sales Representative is responsible for selling all assigned Caterpillar and Allied products within an assigned territory. Duties include assisting customers with equipment recommendations, assuring all equipment deliveries meet the conditions of the sales agreement and monitoring customer satisfaction with products. Seeking candidates with previous sales experience, and knowledge of the equipment industry and applications preferred. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
Requirements for the General Construction Sales Representative position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Product knowledge and the ability to effectively negotiate and close deals.
- Able to develop and execute action plan to produce sales results.
- Able to work under pressure, quickly evaluate facts, and maintain good judgment when making decisions.
- Must have a clean driving record, and the ability to tow and operate equipment for demonstration purposes.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Must be a good listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to service existing customers with periodic scheduled visits, and effectively prospect potential new customers.
- Willing to travel and work hours required by the job.
Physical requirements must be met for the General Construction Sales Representative job, including the ability to lift and carry items up to 20 pounds. This position requires the ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time, with frequent walking. Repeated stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities