We are currently offering up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus for experienced Heavy Equipment Field Technician new hires.
SITECH Chesapeake, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carter Machinery Company, Inc., is hiring a Construction GPS Field Technician in Delmar, Maryland. SITECH is the authorized dealer for Trimble Heavy and Civil construction products and services, as well as Accugrade grade control products, with a territory to include central Maryland, Maryland Eastern Shore, and lower Delaware. The Construction GPS Field Technician is responsible for installing and troubleshooting machine guidance systems on various types of earth-moving and paving equipment in the field and at customers' facilities. Duties include performing advanced electrical and computer repairs, installing system wiring harnesses and related sensors, configuring machine guidance on board software, performing systems updates and other software related tasks, and modifying/installing hydraulic valves and hoses. Will perform advanced troubleshooting and service repairs while serving as an escalation point for less experienced technicians. Will demonstrate installed systems for customers. Seeking candidates with previous Caterpillar or related heavy equipment service experience, military diesel experience or completion of a diesel school program.
Requirements for the Construction GPS Field Technician positions include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical aptitude; able to interpret and utilize information from operating, maintenance and service manuals/bulletins.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Able to interact with customers, answer repair-related questions, and refer non-repair related questions to supervisor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to write service reports that accurately document installations and repairs performed.
- Candidates should possess a clean driving record, and the ability to safely drive a service vehicle.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Construction GPS Field Technician jobs, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including paid vacation, health, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company match ranging from $0.75 to $1.25 for every dollar contributed, up to 6% of your total compensation and based on years of service. We also have in-house training programs to help advance your skills and opportunities within the company.
SITECH Chesapeake is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
SITECH Chesapeake is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.