Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Service Advisor in Elkridge, Maryland. The Service Advisor is responsible for communicating with internal and external customers to gather information regarding equipment issues and providing repair status updates while repairs are in progress. Other duties include opening and closing work orders in an efficient and timely manner, using thorough details on customer requests/complaints to ensure technician understanding and customer satisfaction, serving as a first point of contact with customers via telephone or walk-ins, and calculating/providing repair estimates. Seeking candidates with at least 2 years’ service-related experience. Solid technical knowledge desired. Heavy equipment exposure a plus. High school diploma or equivalent required.
Requirements for the Service Advisor position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Must possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of the function and repair of heavy equipment preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Able to write routine reports and correspondence. Able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, percentages and tax. Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products.
- Must have excellent customer satisfaction skills, and the ability to solve problems.
- Able to work efficiently in a hands-on environment.
- Able to work any shift.
- Able to work hours required to meet job and customer demands.
Physical requirements must be met for the Service Advisor job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.