We are seeking an ambitious Sales Representative responsible for securing an assigned amount of profitable business for the Company through proper planning, adequate territorial coverage, effective sales presentations, and through administration and other required duties as specified by the Branch Vice President and/or Equipment Sales Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Secures orders, conducts surveys of assigned territory, studies product population, locates new prospects, and determines needs.
- Plans sales calls and conducts presentations.
- Reviews equipment features and benefits of conducting business with the Company.
- Assists customers with problems and issues which includes technical assistance, job estimates, and new developments.
- Maintains customer relationships, new contracts, new product development, equipment literature and brochures, price sheets, etc.
- Maintains sales calls, various reports, M3 Sales Automation.
- Follows up on all leads, contract lettings, and inquiries.
- Proficient in Cost/Production software.
- Articulates and is educated in mining applications and able to provide valuable advice and recommendations to customers.
- Expert on features of the full line of equipment of Rudd Equipment’s offering.
- Manages and controls travel, telephone usage, and entertainment expenses.
- Informs manager of changes in territory which can affect Company’s success.
- Maintains a high degree of sales professionalism through study, product knowledge, and attending meetings and association activities.
- Ensures equipment is delivered on a timely manner and all conditions in contract were met.
- Works closely with Credit Manager and other personnel relating to condition of accounts.
- Travels across territory to various training and meetings.
- Completes Manufacturers required sales training courses.
- Works in partnership with Rudd Product Support Representatives.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- College degree and/or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- Minimum of (5) years of verifiable success in equipment sales
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic
- Must have the ability to accurately compare and transcribe figures
- Knowledge and experience in sales, marketing, and/or business is essential
- Must be able to prioritize work week and work independently
- Must be very flexible and willing to travel
- Individual must possess excellent customer service skills
- The ability to communicate effectively and to speak in front of large and small business groups
- Must be proficient in English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Basic Computer skills to include MS Office Operating Systems, Expert level aptitude on M3 Sales Automation
While performing the duties of this position the employee will be required to drive for extended periods of time to cover sales territory, utilize the computer screen and keyboard, telephone, and will need to bend and reach to file.
Sales field environment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is position is classified as full-time, exempt.
- Normal Days of work are Monday through Friday.
- Travel throughout the assigned territory is required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the personnel for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Rudd Equipment Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Incumbent or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, we maintain an Affirmative Action Program through which we take good faith efforts to recruit, hire, and advance in the employment of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Vietnam-era veterans, and other protected veterans.