We are seeking an experienced individual to take on the role of Service Coordinator, who is responsible for dispatching Rudd’s Service Technicians to customer sites to obtain optimum efficiency of operations and superior customer service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Due to the nature of this position, employees are frequently expected to work independently, which involves making key decisions on behalf of the location on a regular basis. Employees are to keep their manager informed as decisions are made and use professional judgement on delegating decisions to other Rudd team members.
- Coordinate and dispatch the field operations of Field Service Technicians to diagnose, repair and service customer’s equipment.
- Responsible for the management and scheduling of field service activities.
- Take customer calls and handle technical questions from customers and field technicians.
- Respond efficiently to customer issues and concerns to address questions, problems, and requests for service.
- Monitor status of service calls and communicate with customers when additional parts or trips are required to complete the job.
- Record and maintain files and record of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information.
- Monitor technician safety and DOT compliance through reporting tools within field service management software and notify technicians / management when necessary.
- Prepare equipment repair quotations.
- Open and monitor service/repair work orders for accuracy (i.e., parts, materials, labor, etc.).
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the construction and mining equipment industry. Experience shall be in product support, i.e., parts, technical or supervisory.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Can effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, and customers.
Familiar with MS Office Operating Systems: Excel, Word.
While performing the primary duties of this job, the employee must have sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, twist, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must be able to regularly lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight up to 10 lbs. and occasionally up to 20 – 50 lbs.; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to see color and adjust focus.
This job operates in an office environment at a location that climbs stairs on a regular basis to get to work desk space.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is position is classified as full-time, exempt.
- Normal Days of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the personnel for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Rudd Equipment Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Incumbent or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, we maintain an Affirmative Action Program through which we take good faith efforts to recruit, hire, and advance in the employment of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Vietnam-era veterans, and other protected veterans.