We are currently offering up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus for experienced Marine Field Technician new hires.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Marine Field Technician in Elkridge, Maryland. The Marine Field Technician is responsible for diagnosing problems and performing standard mechanical repairs and complete overhauls on marine engines and propulsion systems. These repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls or routine service as required. Flexibility and in-depth product knowledge are necessary for this position. Seeking candidates with previous experience on engine control systems preferred. Prefer a minimum of two years' experience on engine repairs and diagnostics; two years of Mechanic Technician B experience or equivalent. Military equipment experience a plus.
Requirements for the Marine Field Technician position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical background and troubleshooting skills required; able to diagnose, adjust and repair malfunctions.
- Candidates should possess an excellent driving record
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment required.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
- Able to travel/work out of town as needed.
Physical requirements must be met for the Marine Field Technician job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of equipment. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities