Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Parts Supervisor in Lynchburg, Virginia. The Parts Supervisor is responsible for direct supervision of the branch parts warehouse operations, including parts counter sales and transportation. Will serve as team leader, ensuring successful warehouse operation and meeting customers' needs at the highest level. The Parts Supervisor will delegate responsibilities, set priorities, and coach employees on assignments as needed. Seeking candidates with a background in heavy equipment or automotive parts/service preferred. Proven leadership experience required.
Requirements for the Parts Supervisor position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- High mechanical aptitude required; knowledge of equipment parts and components preferred.
- Must be a good listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to quickly evaluate facts and maintain good judgment when making decisions.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to job and hours required to meet customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Parts Supervisor job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities