We are currently offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus for Paving Technician new hires. $1,000 is payable after 90-days of employment, and the remaining $1,000 is payable after 180 days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Paving Technician. The Paving Technician is responsible for diagnosing problems and performing standard mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and power-train repairs on paving equipment in our shops and at customer job sites/locations. These repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls or routine service as required across the territory and may require overnight stays with short notice. Flexibility and in-depth product knowledge/experience are necessary for this position. Seeking candidates with previous Caterpillar or related paving products service experience, military diesel experience or completion of a diesel school program. Will perform Pre-Delivery of paving products and demonstrate product operation.
Requirements for the Paving Technician position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical background and troubleshooting skills; able to independently and accurately diagnose and repair equipment.
- Must have a solid understanding of paving machine applications, operation and function.
- Candidates should possess an excellent driving record, and valid Commercial Driver’s License, or the ability to obtain a CDL. Must be able to become DOT certified with DOT Medical Card.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to project a positive professional image with customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to write service reports that accurately document diagnosis and repairs performed. Must prepare required documentation including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand. Willing to travel and work hours required by the job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Paving Technician job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities