Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Rental Business Analytics Manager in Salem, Virginia at our corporate headquarters. The Rental Business Analytics Manager will focus on the Carter Rental Services fleet performance by analyzing, interpreting, and making real-time proposals and decisions based on large volumes of rental market and asset data; build complex models and conduct ROI analyses; and develop, manage, and oversee business analytics projects and processes to provide data-driven insights on fleet and operational performance to deliver annual business plan goals and improvements and future business initiatives and strategies. Seeking candidates with a minimum of five years construction equipment business/industry experience. Programming experience preferred: SQL (DB2, T-SQL or similar) and Quantitative (R, SAS, Python, or similar). Data blending and visualization experience preferred: Tableau, Domo, Cognos or similar. College degree preferred.
Requirements for the Rental Business Analytics Manager position include:
- Thorough understanding of analytical methods and business acumen to guide cross functional teams. Must have a strong aptitude for and experience with statistical analysis tools.
- Must possess strong business acumen including but not limited to budgeting, financial analysis, asset management, and pricing analysis.
- Understanding of, and working experience in and with, business ERP systems.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology. Proficient in Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, macros and v-look ups
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team that is reliant on each other to succeed.
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written as well as strong listening skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands. Requires strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of data.
- Must be able to engage in effective and persuasive discussions on complex topics with top management and other firm personnel. Must be able to make presentations to company personnel.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Rental Business Analytics Manager job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.