Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Training Instructor. The Training Instructor is responsible for organizing, conducting and evaluating technical training courses and projects. Will develop training aids and maintain up-to-date training materials to support courses and projects. In this position, you may be called upon to assist in service related problems. Flexibility and in-depth product knowledge/experience are necessary for this position. Seeking candidate with Caterpillar, or related equipment industry, service operations background preferred.
Requirements for the Training Instructor position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required; able to explain service procedures and technical issues.
- Strong organizational skills; able to develop course outlines and plan classroom exercises.
- Excellent presentation skills; able to train technicians in a manner that directly reflects class objectives.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Willing to travel and work hours required by the job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Training Instructor job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Technical/other training or better.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities