Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring an Analyst in the Fluid Analysis Laboratory at our Salem, Virginia corporate headquarters. The Analyst is responsible for analyzing and registering fluid sample to assist with identifying pending component issues/concerns for customers and service areas. Primary duties include opening and registering incoming samples, and entering manual test results into the Scheduled Oil Sampling (SOS) system. This position will assist in the performance of lab tests, following written procedures for operating lab equipment, and processing samples within the required time frame. Previous experience operating, calibrating and maintaining lab equipment, preferred. Heavy Equipment knowledge, preferred.
Requirements for the Analyst position include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to interact professionally with customers and all levels of personnel within the organization.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Analyst job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 10 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.