Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Quality Control Manager. The Quality Control Manager oversees operational quality related aspects of the Engine Sales group within the company; develops and assures the quality systems and procedures for Engine sales; and provides support to all interdepartmental operations along with outlying stores for any quality related event associated to engine sales. Seeking candidates with a minimum of five years experience managing quality control operation and two years supervisory experience. Certified in Quality Control concepts and methodologies a plus. College degree preferred.
Requirements for the Quality Control Manager include:
- In-depth knowledge of quality control procedures, concepts, and methodologies.
- Must be able to plan and develop standards, procedures, and best practices for ensuring product quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle large volumes of work in a fast-paced environment with ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands. Requires strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of data relating to employment laws.
- Must be able to engage in effective and persuasive discussions on complex topics with top management and other firm personnel. Must be able to make presentations to company personnel.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Promote a positive customer experience
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Quality Control Manager including the ability to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and /or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
High School Diploma or Equivalent or better.
minimum of five years experience managing quality control operation
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities