Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Pump and Shoring Specialist. The Pump and Shoring Specialist provides application support, as well as guidance for the service, maintenance, and repair of the pump and shoring rental line for stores engaged in rental, sales, and set up of shoring fleets. The individual in this role assists customers with set ups, as well as provides an understanding of the application the products will be used in. In addition, the Pump and Shoring Specialist will work closely with the Area Sales Managers, SAMS, and CRS reps to develop continuous improvement procedures to deliver the most reliable customer service and support available to our market-place. Seeking a dedicated self-starter with proven industry sales and leadership experience. A minimum of five years sales experience is preferred and Bachelor's degree or related industry experience is required.
Requirements for the Pump and Shoring Specialist include:
- Must have thorough knowledge of all applications, as it pertains to state/federal requirements.
- Must understand and competently interpret technical drawings, manufacturer specifications, and effectively communicate to all parties.
- Must have a strong hydraulic system understanding, mechanical understanding of pumps, and safety regulations of the shoring industry
- Must be able to effectively market equipment to customers, negotiate terms and close deals.
- Strong business acumen including budgeting, financial analysis, forecasting and fleet management.
- Must be able to guide sales staff in the development and execution of action plans that produce sales results.
- Must be able to monitor business environment to support and guide management in identifying and addressing business opportunities and challenges.
- Strong decision-making capabilities.
- Detail oriented that is analytical and data Driven.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team that is reliant on each other to succeed.
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written as well as strong listening skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Word as well as DBS
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and ability to build strong internal/external relationships.
- Must be able to handle large volumes of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Frequent travel is required – overnight or out town via car or airplane.
- Must be able to work additional hours to meet business and customer demands.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Pump and Shoring Specialist job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
- Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.