SITECH Chesapeake, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carter Machinery Company, Inc., is hiring a Construction GPS Territory Sales Manager in Manassas, Virginia. SITECH is the authorized dealer for Trimble Heavy and Civil construction products and services, as well as Accugrade grade control products, with a territory that covers the pan handle of West Virginia, Virginia, the District of Columbia, and the shores of Delaware. The Construction GPS Territory Sales Manager is responsible for consulting with and improving the business success of all customers in an assigned territory. Responsibilities include increasing hardware and service sales, proactively managing customer list and prospective customers, attending trade shows, researching/developing quote proposals in Salesforce.com, and collecting purchase orders. Seeking candidates with two years of prior customer service and/or sales experience. Experience with surveying, estimating, construction equipment, earthmoving operations preferred. Experience with construction technologies, such as Trimble, Topcon, Leica, Spectra, a plus. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field a plus.
Requirements for the Construction GPS Territory Sales Manager position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision; able to develop and execute action plans and handle customer situations to produce results.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships based on a consultative approach.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Able to service existing customers with periodic scheduled visits and effectively prospect potential new customers.
- Able to provide input that may help create additional marketing strategies to generate services and process solutions.
- Must be innovative and creative; able to quickly evaluate facts and maintain good judgment when making decisions.
- Effectively utilize team and internal support resources to ensure thorough and rapid turnaround of customer quotes and proposals.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Must be a good listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to travel and work hours required by the job; a clean driving record and valid driver's license are required.
Physical requirements must be met for the Construction GPS Territory Sales Manager job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This position may require reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
SITECH Chesapeake is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
SITECH Chesapeake is a drug-free workplace.