RENTALWORKS SERVICE MANAGER – Mobile
We are looking for an experienced SERVICE MANAGER in our Mobile rental equipment division. This individual will be responsible for managing and overseeing the maintenance and upkeep our rental equipment. This individual must be passionate about customer service and driven to help people. Customers and your team will look to this individual for guidance, leadership and expertise.
- Extensive experience in the repair and maintenance of self-propelled platforms and lifts, dirt equipment and all manner of other construction equipment.
- Knowledge of work planning and scheduling and other supervisory activities
- Strong understanding of equipment capabilities and safety requirements.
- Clear perspective of maintenance and repair issues in the industry
- Planning and management experience
- Computer literacy
- Reporting experience
- Inventory management experience
- Valid driver’s license
Strong technical aptitude is required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the repair and maintenance of company owned and customer equipment to include the organization of yard (Ready to Rent, Returned, Down)
- Works with equipment vendors to learn the maintenance requirements and capabilities of new equipment added to inventory.
- Evaluates all equipment after repairs, maintenance or safety checks.
- Documents equipment status before and after rental.
- Perform quality control checks
- Update, maintain and keep organized equipment service records
- Create, update, close and bill work orders
- File warranty claims in a timely fashion
- Commission New Equipment
Ensure Company vehicles are serviced properly and in a timely manner
Experience with OEM software
Utilize resources including technical support from the manufacture website or other to resolve repair
issues on a same day basis.
Manage the completion of all service bulletins/campaigns.
Manage and ensure all Preventative Maintenance is completed on a timely basis.
- Prepares work schedules and handles service calls to meet customer needs and assure that equipment is available as required.
- Provides training and assistance to staff mechanics.
Manage employee schedules and pay plans
Motivate, train, develop and reward employees
Must be able to manage a team, motivate and develop
Support all Service Technicians and Field Service Technicians in all aspects of their work duties.
Technicians in all aspects of their work duties.
Oversee daily functions of service technicians, shop technicians, and dispatchers.
Assist technicians with troubleshooting and repairs.
Maintain positive communication with service staff and management.
Schedule field visits with technicians to provide coaching and assistance when necessary.
- Handle and resolve customer complaints regarding equipment condition or operation.
Communicate with customers about maintenance and service work needed effectively
Review and deliver service proposals to customers in a timely manner.
Communicate with customers as required for problems/solution resolution.
Schedule customer visits to review quality of repairs.
Follow up with all customers on scheduled times and/or discuss additional concerns with quotes and turnaround times.
Lead a culture of safety by implementing, encouraging and following the use of safe work practices.
Work with the Safety Director to ensure all employees required training remains current and all safety policies and procedures are followed
- Promote safety awareness
- Disposal of Solid and Hazardous Material Waste (Batteries, used oil & filters, antifreeze, wash sludge)
- Reporting to include: – Equipment due for service – Fleet status Reporting – Equipment Service Record Reporting – Open work order report – Open PO report
Forecast goals and objectives for the department and strive to meet them
Work with the Parts Department to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed
Attend manager meetings and conduct service department meetings
Partner with OEM and other third-party vendors
Other duties to be determined by management
Must be able to manage in a fast-paced work environment
Continuously monitor department processes to ensure high quality service and customer satisfaction.
Work with Branch Manager, Sales Manager and Sales Representatives to quickly recognize, notify, repair and invoice all instances of customer damaged equipment.
Please send resumes to RentalWorks Branch Manager, Kendall Preston at email@example.com.