Sonsray Inc. is a privately-owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, New York, and New Jersey making us the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership and CASE CNHi Construction Equipment Dealership on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 30+ combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory-authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance, and rentals that offer a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, and state-of-the-art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
As we continue to grow, Sonsray Fleet Services division is seeking Reefer Mechanics to join our dynamic Thermo King dealership in Farmingdale, NY.
Essential Job and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair components on the truck, trailer, and V-series refrigeration units
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair components on gensets and APU’s
- Maintain transport refrigeration systems on trucks, trailers, APU, V-series, Gensets, and Bus by performing diagnostics using scanners, electronic test equipment, and on-board computers
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance, component replacement, and service the refrigeration equipment
- Able to maintain transport refrigeration units on trucks, trailers, APU’s and Gensets by reviewing shop orders, writing up estimates, and the details of the repairs needed or completed. In some cases, contact the customer directly to explain the job needed or completed
- Repair failures; remove, replace, and test with a multimeter
- Repair freon leaks, assemble and install parts and components involving soldering, and the use of refrigeration equipment
- Install various Thermo King new units on trailers, trucks, V-series, and APU’ s
- Perform other functions or duties as directed by management in line with the objectives of the dealership
- Highly prefer 3+ years’ experience repairing Thermo King or Carrier refrigeration units
- Must have general mechanical experience in heavy diesel equipment and electrical diagnostics to be considered.
- Tools are required
- Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary LTD & Aflac
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday
- Birthday Perks
- Boot Allowance Program for Technicians
- Tool Allowance Program for Apprentice Techs
- Uniforms Provided