Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Warehouse “Will Call” associate on 2nd shift in Baltimore, Maryland. The Warehouse Associate is responsible for receiving, storing, fulfilling, loading, and shipping customer orders. This position uses an electronic bar code scanner to facilitate small and large heavy-weight parts receipting and order pulling process. The “Will Call” associate separates orders by priority class for shipment and safe, secure packaging of material for shipment, including packaging for internal and external shipping companies. Tasks must be performed with a high degree of accuracy and in a timely manner. Seeking candidates with two years of customer service experience, and a minimum of one year warehouse experience. Knowledge of construction parts and equipment preferred.
Requirements for the Warehouse Associate include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of barcode scanner.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required; must be able to learn and apply knowledge of parts, components and equipment.
- Capable of safely operating all material handling equipment, including pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.
- Proficient computer technology skills, including the ability to use company software to perform warehouse functions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
- Must maintain valid Forklift Operator Certification
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. Will occasionally be required to maneuver items weighing in excess of 70 pounds. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.