We are currently offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus for Hydraulic Cylinder Technician new hires, payable after 90-days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Hydraulic Cylinder Technician in Chesapeake, Virginia. The Hydraulic Cylinder Technician is responsible for disassembling, inspecting, repairing/replacing, reassembling and testing hydraulic cylinders on industrial and heavy construction equipment. Duties include disassembling, measuring, inspecting, looking up and ordering parts. The Hydraulic Cylinder Technician will reassemble and test hydraulic cylinders to meet factory specifications. Seeking candidates experienced in the function and repair of hydraulic cylinders. Experience with Caterpillar hydraulic cylinders preferred.
Requirements for the Hydraulic Cylinder Technician position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and excellent troubleshooting skills; able to accurately diagnose and repair equipment.
- Must have the ability to logically and effectively diagnose failures, including failure analysis.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work shifts as needed, including days, nights and/or weekends to meet customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Hydraulic Cylinder Technician job, including the ability to push, pull, lift and carry up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.