We are currently offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus for Express Lube Technician new hires. $1,000 is payable after 90-days of employment, and the remaining $1,000 is payable after 180 days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington, D.C., is hiring Express Lube Technicians for weekend shift at our Myersville, Maryland location. Express Lube Technicians perform preventive maintenance on heavy equipment at customer jobsites and in our shop. Daily tasks include completing basic service work, including oil changes, checking fluid levels, replacing fuel filters, changing tires, and more. Ideal candidates have any of the following experience levels:
- servicing Caterpillar or other heavy equipment
- a military-diesel background
- completed a diesel school program
- two years' experience in a shop-service environment
Requirements for the Express Lube Technician position include:
- Self-starter with strong mechanical aptitude required; able to perform responsibilities at customer job site with minimal supervision.
- Candidates should possess an excellent driving record, and valid Commercial Driver’s License, or the ability to obtain a CDL.
- Must have the ability to operate a variety of equipment in the field and on customer job-sites.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills required.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Express Lube Technician job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities