We are currently offering up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus for experienced EPG Field Technician new hires.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring an Electric Power Generation (EPG) Technician in Fredericksburg, Virginia. The Electric Power Generation (EPG) Technician is responsible for performing inspection, preventative maintenance, and service repair work on electric power generation and associated components. Duties include performing PM's, troubleshooting, and repairs of engine and electrical related systems. Inspections, PM's, and Repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls. Seeking candidates with relevant Electrical Power Generation (EPG)/electronics experience; a technical degree or military equipment experience is a plus.
Requirements for the Electric Power Generation (EPG) Technician include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Requires working knowledge of power generation components, electronic controls and fuel systems. Experience with diesel and natural gas engines.
- Able to read technical drawings and schematics.
- Must have an excellent driving record and valid driver's license.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to project a positive professional image with customers.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Electric Power Generation (EPG) Technician job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities