Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Warehouse Supervisor for 2nd Shift in Baltimore, Maryland. The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for planning and directing the activities of the parts warehouse operations, as well as the Parts Department. In addition, this position will oversee and assist employees in the performance of their job duties. Seeking candidates who are dedicated self-starters with proven leadership and supervisory experience. Prefer background in warehouse operations/parts industry. College/technical degree, or comparable industry experience, preferred.
Requirements for the Warehouse Supervisor include:
- Strong mechanical aptitude required; demonstrated knowledge of parts, components and equipment.
- Proficient in the use of a computer; able to adapt to changing technology.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once, quickly evaluate facts and maintain good judgment when making decisions.
- Able to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by identifying and resolving problems promptly.
- Conduct regularly scheduled safety meetings, and enforce all safety policies and procedures; investigate and report on-the-job accidents or safety hazards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to read, analyze, and interpret general business reports, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Able to maintain cleanliness and contamination control standards as required.
- Able to work hours required by the job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities