We are currently offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus for Field Machinist/Welder new hires. $1,000 is payable after 90-days of employment, and the remaining $1,000 is payable after 180 days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Field Machinist/Welder. The Field Machinist/Welder position is responsible for performing mechanical duties on customer job sites/locations. Weld and machine parts on frames, work tools, attachments, bores, undercarriage, engines, hydraulic systems, related power train systems, structural repairs and custom fabrication. This job may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls or service as required. Flexibility and in-depth product knowledge/skills are necessary for this position. Seeking candidates with strong backgrounds in salvage related machining/welding, and experience operating manual machines.
Requirements for the Field Machinist/Welder position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Able to diagnose and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions, metallurgical and stress failures.
- Understanding of press fit, knowledge of materials and the ability to comprehend and interpret sketches and diagrams, including engineering drawings and blueprints.
- Able to fabricate parts according to the customer’s specifications and repair equipment and components through the use of various conventional machining equipment and processes.
- Must have the ability to make complex setups and adjustments.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Excellent driving record required, with valid Commercial Driver’s License, or ability to obtain a CDL.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Field Machinist/Welder job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.