Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Mechanic Technician Advisor in Richmond, Virginia. The Mechanic Technician Advisor is responsible for completing service assignments and providing technical assistance to other technicians in a positive and efficient manner, while promoting the highest level of quality, safety, customer satisfaction and teamwork within the department. Seeking candidate with high mechanical aptitude and hands-on mechanical experience. CAT or related equipment industry experience, completion of a diesel school program or military diesel experience preferred.
Requirements for the Mechanic Technician Advisor position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Knowledgeable and up to date with all service literature and warranty information.
- Ability to service and make repairs to all types of machinery and equipment.
- Able to meet quality standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Safely operate all models of CAT equipment to test/inspect operation.
Physical requirements must be met for the Mechanic Technician Advisor job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.