Sonsray Inc. is a privately-owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, New York, and New Jersey making us the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership family in North America with 11 locations and growing as well as CASE CNH Construction and Agricultural Equipment Dealerships on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 30+ combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory-authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance, and rentals that offer a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, and state-of-the-art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
As we continue to grow, our Sonsray Fleet Services division is seeking Diesel Mechanics to join our dynamic Thermo King dealership in El Cajon, CA.
Essential Job and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair components on the truck, trailer, and V-series refrigeration units.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair components on gensets and APU’s.
- Maintain transport refrigeration systems on trucks, trailers, APU, V-series, Gensets, and Bus by performing diagnostics using scanners, electronic test equipment, and onboard computers.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance, component replacement, and service the refrigeration equipment.
- Able to maintain transport refrigeration units on trucks, trailers, APU’s and Genset’s by reviewing shop orders, writing up estimates, and the details of the repairs needed or completed. In some cases, contact the customer directly to explain the job needed or completed.
- Repair failures; remove, replace, and test with a multimeter.
- Repair freon leaks, assemble, and install parts and components involving soldering, and use refrigeration equipment.
- Will be required to Install various Thermo king new units on trailers, trucks, V-series, APUs (Willing to train)
- Perform other functions or duties as directed by management in line with the objectives of the dealership.
- Highly prefer 3+ years’ experience repairing Thermo King or Carrier refrigeration units
- Must have general mechanical experience in heavy diesel equipment and electrical diagnostics.
- If you have HVAC experience, you are a self-starter with good diagnosing and electrical skills, then this may be a great opportunity for you.
- Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary LTD & Aflac
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday.
- Boot Allowance Program
- Uniforms Provided
- Birthday Perks