4807 Beryl Rd, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA Req #581
The primary function of this position is to troubleshoot, remove, install, replace, re-build, repair, & test parts/equipment on construction equipment at an advanced level with proficiency.
- Check the equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, comply with PPE requirements, and otherwise prepare for duties.
- Uses manuals, repair manuals, parts manuals, parts diagrams to perform independent troubleshooting and repair of construction equipment.
- Uses lift trucks, overhead cranes, & other aides to lift or move parts into position to be repaired.
- Uses hand & power tools to remove, install, replace, re-build, repair, & test parts/equipment on construction equipment.
- Be proficient at using resources and computers to reference parts, get information about parts & enter data into record systems.
- Uses tools to disassemble/re assemble parts or equipment; cleans parts with rags, cleaners, power washer; uses test equipment to make diagnostic checks; and controls powered equipment or tools to make repairs.
- Climbs up onto, under, & into vehicles to gain access to all parts of vehicle.
- Uses overhead hoists, lift devices, forklifts & other aides to move items off vehicle (tracks, idler wheels, blades, etc.) & then to move parts to locations for disassembly, repair, then back to the vehicle for reassembly.
- Proficient at performing inspections, do preventative maintenance, repair engines, power train, hydraulic and electrical components at an advance level on numerous model lines.
- Lift/carry and position ram used to remove idlers, unbolt idlers, remove them with
- Uses power washers & spray paint equipment to clean & paint vehicle.
- Uses instruments and computers to reprogram equipment controllers.
Must have a high school education or GED.
Requires six years of experience with at least two years of experience on Cat equipment or other similar equipment; Must be proficient in at least four mechanical systems (i.e. transmissions, engines, hydraulics, etc.) for numerous model lines.
Must be able to daily and repeatedly stoop, kneel, bend and climb beside, onto and underneath various equipment to perform diagnosis and repairs; Must be able to effectively see to perform repairs, research technical manuals, and develop written repair work order reports. Must be able to routinely and physically lift/position various parts to perform repairs/service and manually handle parts up to 112 pounds, as well as use mechanical hoist for heavier parts.
Must be able to effectively write repair activities on customer work orders; Must have cognitive reasoning and problem solving skills to apply knowledge, written information and verbal instructions in repairing/servicing unusual and/or unknown technical equipment operational problems. Should have exposure to P.C. base equipment and parts information; Can work independently with minimal supervision; Ability to effectively communicate with others, provide training of other technicians, assign work assignments, and promotes good customer service and resolves problems.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.