Sonsray Inc. is a privately-owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, New York, and New Jersey making us the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership family in North America with 11 locations and growing as well as CASE CNH Construction and Agricultural Equipment Dealerships on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 30+ combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory-authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance, and rentals that offer a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, and state-of-the-art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
As we continue to grow, our Sonsray Fleet Services division is seeking Trailer Mechanics to join our dynamic Thermo King dealership in Fontana, CA.
The position requires a motivated self-starter with experience in all phases of trailer repair to be considered.
Essential Responsibilities and Qualifications for Trailer Body Technician:
- Must have 3+ years of experience in structural trailer repair
- Experience in replacing and repairing all trailer bodies and painting is highly desired
- Must be mechanically inclined to use power tools and other body shop tools in a safe and efficient manner
- Must be able to efficiently remove and replace trailer parts to make the trailer look new
- Experience in Collision Repair, Dry and Refrigerated Van, Structure, Roll & Swing Doors, Interiors, Exteriors, Ceilings, and Roof repairs is highly desired
- Able to perform PMs, BIT, and DOT Inspections
- Lighting and Electrical System: Diagnose Isolate and repair lighting systems such as shorts and open circuits
- Must be able to perform Air Brake Inspections and Repairs: Air Brake Overhauls, measure Brake lining thickness, Drums, and S Cams, adjust brakes, replace S Cams and bushings, slack adjusters, and replace relay values, air tanks. Brake Mechanics Certificate a plus
- Rail Gate Experience: adjust the liftgate platform and its controls
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems, replace rail cables and/or cylinders, and replace motors, pumps, and relays
- Must be able to walk, use hands, and fingers, bend, carry, push, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally be engaged away from the employer's place or places of business and may drive to existing customers and/or prospective client’s locations
- Must be over 21 years of age, and possess and maintain a current and acceptable, valid "C" Driver's License to drive for the company.
- Comply with all road signs and operate vehicles within their limits and weather environment.
- Follow all Auto and Equipment Safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments
- Perform miscellaneous-related duties as required and assigned by the manager
Compensation: $22.74 - $32.48 an hour DOE