We are currently offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus for Rental Shop Technician new hires, payable after 90-days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Rental Shop Technician in Chesapeake, Virginia. The Rental Technician is responsible for applying troubleshooting techniques to determine repair procedures, diagnosing basic repairs, and performing light mechanical repairs; inspecting returned equipment and attachments for repairs or maintenance; cleaning returned equipment; and assembling/repairing work tools in a shop environment. Seeking candidates with previous experience with heavy construction equipment and work tool repair.
Requirements for the Rental Shop Technician position include:
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision; self-directed and organized.
- Must work well in a team environment and possess ability to interact positively with coworkers.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new knowledge.
- Must be able to use tools and equipment correctly and safely.
- Must be able to perform work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to prepare required documentation, including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Must possess ability to follow company safety rules and policies.
- Must be willing to work shifts as needed, including days, nights, and/or weekends to meet customer needs.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position.
- Must be able to occasionally operate heavy machinery in a safe manner.
- Must be able to maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Rental Shop Technician job, including the ability to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities