We are seeking a Product Support Representative responsible for promoting parts and service sales within an assigned territory and acting as a liaison between the customers and the Parts Manager and/or Service Manager to provide information about customer problems/complaints and long-term requirements. The PSR is a professional salesperson who must possess an intimate working knowledge of our company and the various products and services we market.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote and sell certain items to customers.
- Increase parts and service sales to all customers, with special attention to accounts with which the Company does not have a strong or recent sales history.
- Call on customers at the time they purchase and/or rent new or used equipment to provide needed information.
- Discuss customer concerns and/or complaints relative to parts/service and work with the Parts/Service Manager to resolve problems, while maintaining the Company policies and positions toward the issues in question.
- Review all manufacturer service bulletins and product improvement and discuss with Manager(s)
- With manager’s guidance, provide the customer with technical, pricing, and available information relative to improvements.
- Call on customers to follow-up after service department repairs to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Participate, as requested, in customer outings, association gatherings, exhibits and demonstrations.
- Provide superior customer service and promote a positive professional image.
- Train customers on the proper use of parts manuals, microfiche, etc.
- Plan an itinerary for each day and prepare for each sales call by reviewing the items to be discussed and promoted.
- Complete sales call reports daily and submit on a weekly basis.
- Responsible to contact branch office three times each day to maintain communication.
- Maintain current customer file with all information requested by management and provide updated information.
- Update the Company equipment population list through discussions with customers about equipment sold, scrapped, or purchased from other new or used equipment sources.
- Submit all viable leads to the Equipment Department.
- Travel territory, various training, and meetings.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree or some college is desired.
- Previous sales experience a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and great interpersonal skills.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities in a tactful, mature, and flexible manner. Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must be able to communicate both in verbal and written tasks to the department as well as customers.
- Must have computer and data entry skills
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
While performing the duties of this position the incumbent will be required to utilize the computer screen and keyboard, telephone and will need to bend and reach to file. In addition, this person will be required to travel.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phone, photocopier, filing cabinets and fax machines. Travel can be expected.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is position is classified as full-time, exempt.
- Normal Days of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Travel may be required on occasion as needed.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the personnel for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.