Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Finance Assistant in Salem, Virginia at our corporate headquarters. The Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting credit managers in financial merchandising of deals, account, investigations/ set-ups, credit extension, account collections, and other key functions as assigned.
Requirements for the Finance Assistant position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to communicate and network with Carter Machinery personnel throughout the company.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Able to work hours required to meet job demands.
Physical requirements must be met for the Finance Assistant job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.