We are currently offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus for Truck Driver new hires. $1,250 is payable after 90-days of employment, and the remaining $1,250 is payable after 180 days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Truck Driver in Lynchburg, Virginia. The Truck Driver is responsible for completing daily parts deliveries. Other general warehousing duties include parts shipping, receiving, stocking, and order fulfillment. Seeking candidates with clean driving records and the ability to safely and efficiently operate F250 truck. Forklift experience and knowledge of warehouse procedures preferred.
Requirements for the Truck Driver position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Prior experience in a parts or service operations environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required; must be able to learn and apply knowledge of parts, components and equipment.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer technology skills, including ability to utilize company software.
- Willing to work overtime as needed to meet job requirements.
Physical requirements must be met for the Truck Driver job, including the ability to qualify for Department of Transportation medical card. Able to carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities