Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Business Improvement Consultant. The Business Improvement Consultant is responsible for leading project teams to improve critical business processes that drive financial results. Will use proven Continuous Improvement methodology for fact-based decision making and root cause problem solving. Will identify, justify and execute business/process improvement opportunities aimed at improving the company’s ability to meet customer expectations, improve quality, reduce cycle times, increase profits and reduce costs. This job requires travel and overnight lodging to work at other Carter Machinery locations, and to complete out of town training. Seeking results-oriented candidates with 5 years direct supervisory experience. Candidate should also have 2 to 5 years of project management, management consulting and/or process improvement experience. Lean Six Sigma black belt certification preferred.
Requirements for the Business Improvement Consultant position include:
- Self-starter able to work without supervision and with limited guidance.
- Must have strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and gain commitment at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills required. Able to act as a resource for using statistical methods and data analysis.
- Able to take corrective action when results are below target, and act with a sense of urgency to achieve desire results.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks at once. Strong organizational, planning and follow-up skills required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills required. Ability to train, mentor and coach Green Belt team members for successful and timely completion of projects.
- Strong working knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, and Workout tools, problem solving/root cause analysis and process management.
- Strong working knowledge of basic project management principles and methods.
- Excellent PC skills with knowledge of Power Point & Excel required; AS/400 SEQUEL & SQL query skills preferred.
- Primarily remote. Able to travel and work hours required by job. Expect 25% travel, more during first six months.
Physical requirements must be met for the Business Improvement Consultant job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 40 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug free workplace.