Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Service Supervisor in Baltimore, Maryland for the Welding, Machining, Powertrain, and Hydraulic Hammer departments. The Service Supervisor is responsible for serving as a team leader, ensuring the successful operation of the department and meeting customers' needs at the highest level. The supervisor will organize, communicate and delegate responsibilities, while setting priorities, coaching employees as needed and providing technical expertise. Daily tasks include handling incoming calls, producing quotations and estimates, opening and closing work orders, adjusting time on work orders, and dispatching or assigning technicians to jobs. This job requires thorough knowledge of repair and servicing heavy equipment and components, and a working knowledge of Caterpillar requirements for machine maintenance. Seeking candidates with at least five years’ service related experience in heavy construction equipment industry. Previous supervisory experience a plus.
Requirements for the Welding, Machining, Powertrain, and Hydraulic Hammer departments Service Supervisor position include:
- Strong mechanical aptitude; able to read, understand, interpret and convey technical information.
- Proficient in the use of a computer; able to adapt to changing technology.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once, quickly evaluate facts and maintain good judgment when making decisions.
- Able to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by identifying and resolving problems promptly.
- Effectively manage work in process by ensuring work orders are closed in accordance with established time-lines.
- Conduct regularly scheduled safety meetings and enforce all safety policies and procedures; investigate and report on-the-job accidents or safety hazards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to read, analyze, and interpret general business reports, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Physical requirements must be met for the Welding, Machining, Powertrain, and Hydraulic Hammer departments Service Supervisor job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.