Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Quotations Specialist in Salem, Virginia at our corporate headquarters. The Quotations Specialist is responsible for constructing quotes for all stages of sales opportunities, building deal packages based on customers needs, and providing value add recommendations/solutions. The individual in this role works directly with the Machine Sales team and other neighboring departments to prepare accurate pricing of sales inventory, customer deal packages, and further CRM assistance. In addition, the Quotations Specialist is responsible for providing a positive customer experience for internal and external customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth product knowledge, competitive analysis, and customer program eligibility and sales history.
Requirements for the Quotations Specialist position include:
- General knowledge of product lines and pricing strategies.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data to develop optimal pricing options.
- Strong communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and independently provide solutions and/or recommendations. Ability to create value for customers and Carter while striving for continuous improvement to become more efficient while considering safety a top priority.
- Able to handle large volumes of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with MS Office applications. CRM and accounting systems experience preferred.
- Demonstrated core competencies: continuous improvement, collaboration, and self-motivation.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Quotations Specialist job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 10 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.