The focus of this position will be to provide support for the Oil, Gas, and Marine Industry, to service natural gas and diesel products for our customers. Must possess appropriate training and relevant work experience on natural gas, diesel, marine and industrial engine systems to successfully diagnose, repair, and complete technical startup of diesel and natural gas engines. After hours assignments are often required to satisfy customer demands and repair time schedules.
The essential functions of this position include the following:
- Independently diagnose and repair compression gas and diesel engines along with independently and successfully diagnose, repair, rebuild, and maintain diesel, gas, and marine engines
- Perform work on generators and component parts in various environmental and working conditions
- Safely assemble and disassemble equipment and component parts according to the manufacturer's specifications
- Repair and maintain temperature control and air compression equipment
- Accurately complete service reports and provide the details to complete work orders
- Meet the Department of Transportation physical examination and licensing requirements as mandated by law
- Work overtime as required
- Maintain tool requirements
The candidate will report to the New Stanton Industrial Engine Shop. When field gas, diesel, Marine, or industrial engine work is available, the mechanic will be dispatched to perform that work. When there is no field work, the successful candidate will work in the shop facility for the balance or duration of the shift.
The candidate will be placed on the Industrial Engine on-call rotation.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a driver's physical and all applicable tests associated with driving a service truck and must be able to obtain a medical card. Must comply with any special customer requirements.
As a Field Mechanic you are required to work in an industrial environment which includes exposure to significant environmental conditions. Physical requirements include:
- Overall stamina
- Sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing
- Carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping, and crouching, listening, and speaking
- Must have good motor coordination skills
- Coordination of eyes, hands, and feet
- Verbal intelligence, and numerical intelligence
- The workplace environmental conditions include subject to noise, heat, cold
- Injury exposures, and atmospheric exposures
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must meet DOT regulatory & CBE requirements for operating CBE or related vehicles
- Must sign all documentation to meet DOT regulations and CBE requirements
Graduate of a technical school, military school, or relevant working experience acceptable to the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.