We are currently offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus for Heavy Equipment Hauler new hires. $1,250 is payable after 90-days of employment, and the remaining $1,250 is payable after 180 days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Heavy Equipment Hauler in Baltimore, Maryland. The Heavy Equipment Hauler is responsible for the safe, efficient transportation of industrial/commercial parts and construction equipment to customer locations and Carter Machinery branches. Must adhere to company safety regulations, as well as state and federal laws. Other duties as assigned. Seeking candidate with excellent driving record and Class A CDL. Must have proven heavy-haul and tractor/lowboy driving experience. Capable of operating a 5 or 6 axle configuration truck.
Requirements for the Heavy Equipment Hauler position include:
- Able to properly secure equipment for transport, and ensure loads conform to local, state and federal regulations.
- Upon delivery, must be able to operate, demonstrate and instruct proper equipment operation.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge of rental, construction and generator equipment required.
- Able to complete driver's pre/post-trip equipment inspections, and maintain daily hours of service logs.
- Must possess and maintain a good driving record and driving habits while operating company vehicles.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Requires effective communication skills, particularly when demonstrating the proper and safe use of the rental equipment.
- Willing to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Heavy Equipment Hauler job, including the ability to qualify for a Department of Transportation medical card. Able to lift and carry items weighing up to 80 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires frequent reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling climbing, and the ability to sit for extended periods of time. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.