Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Summer Intern in Princeton, West Virginia. The Summer Intern rotates through the Parts Warehouse and Counter, Reconditioning, Oil Lab, and Used Parts departments observing, learning, and performing various tasks while under the direction of experienced personnel from June through early August. Seeking candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent. Enrollment in a Mechanical Votech, post-secondary diesel, or related program, or one year of mechanical job experience preferred.
Requirements for the Summer Intern position include:
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and process oriented.
- PC and administrative skills required, with proficiency in MS-Office suites, database concepts, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephone communication skills.
- Strong customer satisfaction skills; previous customer service experience helpful.
- Must be able to work additional hours as required to meet business and customer needs.
- Must be able to handle large volumes of work in a fast-paced “environment.
- Must be able to travel and stay overnight.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way
Physical requirements must be met for the Summer Intern job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 10 pounds. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.